Saturday 29 November 2008

A Boy Obsessed?

As I sit in my bedroom, writing my first EVER blog entry, I see my Leeds United team sitting in second place in the Coca-Cola Championship, a point off top spot with 5 games still to be played...

A perfect scenario for a football fan to be in wouldn't you say. Promotion to the Premier League on the horizon, money in the bank to spend on world class players and a fan base of 35,000+ roaring the team on every Saturday afternoon. Perfect.

But no, this my friends, is Football Manager 2009 - The game which will make you happy and sad within a matter of minutes (and the game which will inevitably cause me to fail my first year at University).

Granted, I have been playing well, and my team has been playing well to be in such a strong position on the back of promotion from League 1 but do you know how many man hours it has taken me to get this far...?

FIFTY SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS...!

TWO AND A HALF DAYS ALMOST...!

TWO AND A HALF DAYS OF MY LIFE I WILL NEVER GET BACK...! EVER!

Even the game is talking to me, rating my level of addictedness which currently sits at "I'm starting to get into this..."

WTF?! IF THE GAME IS RINGING ALARM BELLS, WHY AREN'T I?

I have an essay due in for next friday, and two exams the week after, which I have no prepared for due to this fuckin' game!

But that's not going to stop me no, I'll probably be up until 5am again playing this stupid game in a bid to see my team get up to the Premiership... not that it matters one bit, 'cause it is FAKE!

Is it an obsession or what?

I don't want to be the guy who sits in this bedroom playing Football Manager 2009, alone, on a Saturday night, and IT IS going to stop... after tonight... and maybe next week... or the week after that.

No comments: